top of page

Party Wall etc Act 1996 

As part of The Party Wall Act building owners who plan to carry out work covered by the Act must give adjoining owners notice of their intentions. Adjoining owners can agree or disagree with what is proposed. Where they disagree, the Act provides the procedure for resolving disputes through an appointed surveyor.

We are experienced in dealing with all party wall matters. Whether you are the building owner or the adjoining owner, we are here to help you. We aim, under the framework of The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 to aid you in preventing disputes in relation to party wall matters. We can also assist in resolving disputes that may have already arisen.

The Act allows for both parties (i.e. the building owner and the adjoining owner.) to be represented by one surveyor. At House to Home Chartered Surveyors we pride ourselves on our impartial approach to ensure we fairly represent both parties interests. This can be an efficient and cost effective way of dealing with straight forward party wall matters.

If you think you or your neighbours works may be notifiable under the Act, call us today and we will be happy to help.

Get a Quote 

It takes under 1 minute to fill out the form and request your free, no obligation quotation. 

bottom of page